Sunday, October 16, 2011

S N I P S



BEWARE!

I have a new zine, it's called S N I P S

snip ~ To cut or clip with short, quick strokes. 1. A small cut made with scissors or shears. 2. A small piece clipped off.

I did a zine called Tightrope Laboratory in 2003-4. I did 3 issues, pretty quickly, but then it faded into the background, never to return. There were a lot of transitions happening in my life at the time, and honestly I should have just kept making the zine rather than fruitlessly bothering with anything else. With the story writing and photo essaying, I knew myself best. When I was doing it, I worked on it always. I always had something to do. I never left home without at least 2 cameras, 1 voice recorder, 19 ideas. You just never know when you might stumble upon a parking lot carnival, or a scary abandoned aquarium.

S N I P S is for me now. I have so many snips. They're all over the place. But I can gather them here.

2 comments: