Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Making A Doll

I am going to make a doll out of a blouse I recently found at a rummage sale. The blouse looks all kinds of wrong on me. Still, I find it charming. Just not to wear. And, I have to make a handmade doll for an upcoming art show anyways, so this project is how I will hone my skills. Oddly enough, I haven't made many dolls. Paper dolls, yes. Fabric dolls are a whole new adventure.

Here is the blouse.



Last week, Ed and I went to visit my parents for the day. We went to the thrift store with my mother in the afternoon to look for treasures. I found this book. It is published by Dover, which is a main squeeze of mine. It was only $1.



The very first pattern in the book is for a simple cloth doll. I think I'm just going to start here. See what happens.



And, I will use my grandma's scissors for crafty guidance. This will be our first project together.



Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment