Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Poetry I Made

So, I spend a lot of time looking at words. This is not necessarily reading. Mostly, I'm looking for images to use in collages, & the words just happen to be lurking around in my peripheral vision. Sometimes, with all of this rapid paging, a short story forms. The words often come from several different books, so the subject dances around like that. I'll eventually get the words together, & make cut-up poetry. Would you like to read a few?

1

indoor rubber plant greenery
blossomed and such exotic scented
dolls
became popular for their poisonous
forget-me-not shades and designs
and They sugared them in Their gardens
with the painted roses,
and heaped flowers
onto Their once loved daughters
to see who spotted good
snakes
and who did not

2

He carries his tail behind him
Like the cape of Dracula

3

He reverses the fortunes
of lions for his pleasure
and is lulled to sleep by
a thunderbolt

4

The very winding path
took them to the
many different colours
each one Fair and sweet

5

he rubs himself
like a voodoo worshiper
with vaudeville baboon fingers
magic is a slow part-time job
prophetic at best
his spent ghost
stained the floor

6

I wished, as a bandit,
in an inhuman, shepherd tongue
my blood evil and wild
I desired to be holy again.
imprisoned in a night spirit
of discord and fury
my ladders against the earth
i put up the signs of Death.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award because I have very much enjoyed reading your blog.

    For Details: http://spidergoddess.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/glad-tidings/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete